Makar Sankranti Pooja
The day when sun begins the northward movement, Makar Sankranti is being celebrated. The period between the Karka Sankranti to Makar Sankranti is called dakshinayan. The person who dies in the period of uttarayan goes to heaven and the one who dies in dakshinayan period has greater chance to go to Yamalok. On the day of Makar Sankranti day if a person performs spiritual activity then he or she is benefited to a greater extent as the divine consciousness is very high. Children enjoy the day by flying kite since morning to evening and eat til ladoo.
How to do Makar Sankratni Pooja
When sun enters the Makara Rasi,Sankranti Pooja starts.
- For Pooja coconut is broke and is put on a tray with betel leaves and nuts. Water is sprinkled on the tray to purify the Pooja items.
- Diyas are enlightened and prayers are recited of God Ganesha and Lord Surya. Flowers, rice coated with turmeric and ellu bella is placed before the deity in the Pooja room.
- Then Prasad or neivedya is distributed among all devotees. Sankranti Dhanam is being practiced by most of the married women’s where they give rice in some amount and money to the other married women’s. People also keep the traditional lunch and call their relatives and neighbours.
Significance of Makar Sankranti Pooja
Makar Sankranti significance can be divided into two parts:-
- Religious significance – According to religious significance, on the day of Makar Sankranti God Sun visited the house of his son Shani, swami of Makar rashi. Father and son met on this day to remove all gaps and troubles between them. Therefore this day is being considered as a day of relationship between father and son.
- Astrological significance – According to astrological significance, transition between the signs of zodiac drives the people to celebrate Sankranti. Therefore in total there are twelve sankranti’s but the most important one is Makar (Capricorn) Sankranti.
Makar Sankranti Puja date – 2014 and 2015
Makar Sankranti is celebrated on 14th of January every year.Makar Sankranti is also known as Uttarayan in Gujarat State. In year 2015, Makar Sankranti was celebrated on 15th January 2015.
Benefits of Makar Sankranti
Makar Sankranti has many benefits in the life of human beings.
- Pooja of Makar Sankranti clears all sins of the person and open his /her way towards heaven.
- A person also receives the spiritual knowledge as God Sun releases the divine consciousness all throughout the day.
- Farmers start harvesting their fields as it is considered that fruits, flowers, vegetables etc all grows in a very proper manner.
- Makar Sankranti day denotes the termination of winter season and cures the diseases of humans.
Mantra on Makar Sankranti
Gayatri Mantra is enchanted on Makar Sankranti.
“Aum Bhoor Bhuwah swaha,
Tat Savitur Varenyam,
Bhargo Devasya Dheemahi,
Dhiyo Yo Naha Prachodayat”
Top of Form
Cost of Makar Sankranti pooja is Rs. 2,700.
Enchanting above mantras will bring prosperity, good health and happiness.
Price: ₹ 2700
- All of the Astro Reports are delivered with in 72 hours via Email.
- Usually delivers all Astro Products with in 2 days working days mostly in India it will arrive with you in 5 days or out of India with in 10 days.
- The photographs of the ceremony usually get delivered in 5-7 working days from the date of pooja by electronic mail.
- We do Live telecast of all puja so you may see your puja at real time on your PC.