The first day among five days of Diwali, is known as Dhanteras. It is a Hindu festival. As the word itself explain the meaning of Dhanteras – Dhan means wealth and teras means the thirteenth lunar day of Krishna paksha in the month of Ashwin of Hindu Calendar. On Dhanteras Lord Yama, the god of death is being worshipped to bring prosperity and happiness in an individual life. People venerate the occasion by purchasing gold, silver, jewelleries and utensils as the purchasing of things is considered to be very auspicious and fruitful. At the time of Shubh Muhurat, Puja is performed by worshipping seven different cereals wheat, urad, moong, gram, barely and masoor. Maa Bhagwati is being worshipped using golden flowers and sweets are used in form of navedy or Prasad.
How to do Dhanteras Puja
Some of the prior arrangements are required like one Deepak made out of clay/atta with four wicks, ghee, matchstick, shell with one hole, water, flowers, roli, chawal, money, aasan, kheel and batasha etc to initiate Dhanteras Pooja. Once the preparations are completed puja is being started after seeing the stars. Then 4 wick Deepak is placed on pata, the shell is placed on Deepak and the diya is being lit. This complete process is called Yamadeep as the Deepak pleases Yamraj and ancestors. Afterwards, water is being sprinkled around Deepak and puja is being performed with roli, chawal and money. After the Puja, Prasad is distributed among family members. People offer four suhali and little pethas or kheer and batasha to the God to complete their puja successfully.
Procedure and Significance of Dhanteras Puja
Dhanteras Puja is very important and holds significant place in one’s life. Various activities are performed on the occasion of Dhanteras.
- People do shopping of gold, utensils, and silver so that Goddess Laxmi comes at their home to bestow blessings on their devotees.
- People start purchasing crackers, diyas, idols of Lord Ganesha and Goddess Laxmi, khilonas etc from this day.
- Two interesting facts are related to Dhanteras. If a girl born on this day she is considered as the arrival of goddess laxmi in the house, when the girl gets married and goes to her husband’s home, she leaves the footprint in the house to ensure that Goddess Laxmi does not leave the house.
Dhanteras date in year 2014 and 2015
The festival of Dhanteras will be celebrated on following dates in the year of 2014 and 2015.
- 21 October 2014 Tuesday
- 09 November 2015 Tuesday
Benefits of Dhanteras Puja
Various benefits of Dhanteras Puja are:
- Brings prosperity and happiness in life.
- Financially strong.
- Overcome from poverty.
Mantra on Dhanteras Puja
Namastestu Mahamaye , Shri Pitthe Sur-Pujite Shankha Chakre Gada Haste, Shri Maha Lakshmi Namostute.
Such mantra needs to be recited at 108 times.
Top of Form
Cost of this puja is Rs. 2,500
Enchanting of the above mantra on brings happiness, prosperity, good health ,wealth ,peace and positivity to your life.
Price: ₹ 2500
- All of the Astro Reports are delivered with in 72 hours via Email.
- Usually delivers all Astro Products with in 2 days working days mostly in India it will arrive with you in 5 days or out of India with in 10 days.
- The photographs of the ceremony usually get delivered in 5-7 working days from the date of pooja by electronic mail.
- We do Live telecast of all puja so you may see your puja at real time on your PC.