Maha Rudra Abhishekam Puja
Rudra is the other name of Lord Shiva. Rudra is the destroyer of all kind of evils. Rudra avatar of Shiva is the supreme God and the provider of inner peace and happiness. On who worships Lord Shiva has the belief that he is the provider of health, wealth, happiness and prosperity. He is the controller of wealth of Lord Kuber and the nine planets. Lord Shiva has various names and Shri Rudram is one of them. With the effective powers of Shri Rudram one who is sick becomes healthy, unmarried get perfect match, financial status improves, debts removes, etc. There are high benefits of Shri Rudram and Maha Rudra Abhishekam Puja. Duration of Maha Rudra Abhishekam Puja is of 9 days and it should be conducted by 11 priests. This Puja should be performed with all the perspective rituals and spirituality. Chanting Rudram Mantra and listening to it provides great benefits to the devotees. When chanting Rudram and sacred of fire are performed together, it is known Rudra Homam. For performing this ceremony, Homa kundas are made within the worship area.
What is the Pooja Vidhi of Maha Rudra Abhishekam Puja?
There are many things that should be kept in mind while doing Maha Rudra Abhishekam Puja including ingredients required, mantras that should be chanted, donations, and many more.
What are the ingredients required in Maha Rudra Abhishekam Puja?
- Liquids required in Puja- Mixture of water with Gangajal, Sugarcane juice, fruit juice, unbolied milk, coconut water.
- Punchamrit- It is the mixture of 5 materials such as honey, cow milk (unboiled), ghee, sugar and curd.
- Incense sticks, dhoop, ghee lamp and camphor.
- Aromatic oils, fragrant waters, sandal paste, Khuskhus.
- Achamani pot of Ganga water with sprinkled Kusha grass and Rice grains and spoon.
- For offering purpose sweets, flowers, clothes, fruits, Beel patra, betel nut, coconut, Bel fruit, paan and anything of your choice.
While doing Maha Rudra Abhishekam Puja, place Shiva Linga facing North direction. The direction of worshiper should be east facing and with respect to Shiv Linga, the worshipper should face west direction. Prefer sitting on Asan that is made up of wool while performing Maha Rudra Abhishekam Puja.
What are the important steps of performing Maha Rudra Abhishekam Puja?
- Smear Ash or Bhasma on forehead:
One who is going to worship Lord Shiva should put holy ash in three horizontal lines on forehead. These three strips are known as Tripundra and they are the symbols of Extreme Knowledge, purity and penance (also termed as yogsadhana in Hindi).
- Wear Rudraksh:
While worshipping Lord Shiva, it is important to wear Rudraksh mala. Rudraksh is the bead that helps in conversion of divine light frequencies to the sound frequencies in the entire body. With wearing Rudraksh thought of the wearer are converted into divine language. It helps to increase consciousness and concentration in people.
- Sprinkling of water on the required items for Pooja and yourself:
When you sprinkle water on your body and other required items, just chant the following mantra:
“Om Apavitrah Pavitro Va Sarva Vastan Gatopi Va
Yah Smaret Pundari Kaksham Sa Bahya Bhyantarah Shuchi”
- Now for Achamani, put spoon of Achamani in right hand that is filled of water and then sip it after reciting following mantras:
- “Om Keshavaya Namaha
Om Narayana Namaha
Om Madhavaya Namaha”
- “Om Govindaya Namaha
- “Om Pranavasya Parabrahma Rishihi Paramatma Devata
Daivi Gayatri Chandaha
- Now, Remember Lord Ganesh and deity:
To remember Lord Ganesha Chant the following Mantra:
“Om Gurubhyo Namaha
Om Ganeshaya Namaha
Om Kula Devatabhyo Namaha
Om Ishta Devatabhyo Namaha
Om Mata Pitribhyam Namaha”
- Now, it is the time of Abhishekam:
For Abhishek procedure, bathe the Shiva Linga with pure water and then offer all the prepared liquids to Shiva Linga one by one. Panchamrit and water should be offered to Shiva Linga. While performing this, ‘Om Namah Shivaye’ should be chanted by the devotee. After bathe, wipe the Shiva Linga with clean cloth.
- After this, chant sadyojaat mantra with faith:
“Om Sadyojaatam Prapadyaami Sadyojataajava Namo Namaha
Bhave Bhavenaati Bhave Bhavasvamaam Bhavodbhavay Namaha “
- Now offer Sandal paste by making Tripunda and chant the following mantra while doing this:
“Om Vamdevaya Namah, Jyeshthaay Namah , Shreshthay Namah , Rudraay Namah , Kaalay Namah ,Kala Vikarannaay Namah, Bal Vikaranaay Namah, Balaay Namah Bala Pramathanaay Namah, Sarva Bhoot Damanaay Namah, Manomanaay Namah.”
- Now, offer incense sticks and dhoop with chanting of following mantra:
“Om Aghorebhyo Ghorebhyo Ghor Ghor Tarebhayaha
Sarvebhya Sarva Sharvvebhyo Namaste Astu Rudra Roopebhyaha”
- After this, offer flower to Shiva Linga and chant the following mantra:
“Om Tatpurushaaya Vidmahe Mahadevaay Dheemahi
Tanno Rudraha Prachodayaat”
What is the importance and benefits of Maha Rudra Abhishekam Puja?
There are many benefits that are associated with Maha Rudra Abhishekam Puja. Some of them are as follows:
- This Pooja offers blessings and grace of Lord Shiva to the worshipper.
- This Pooja is recommended to those who have ill effects of different planets. Maha Rudra Abhishekam Puja removes such bad effects.
- Maha Rudra Abhishekam Puja provides wealth, health and prosperity in life.
- One who performs Maha Rudra Abhishekam Puja stays away from various diseases. This Puja helps to protect the devotee from several diseases.
- Maha Rudra Abhishekam Puja provides success in career, business, relationships and profession.
Maha Rudra Abhishekam Puja is performed by the priests who are highly knowledgeable and experienced in performing such huge Pujas. This Puja is performed to get the blessings of Lord Shiva so it is important that it should be conducted with pure heart and spirituality. Several benefits are provided to the worshippers with the effects of this Puja and all kinds of negative energies are eradicated from the path of the devotee. Muhurat for starting this Pooja depends on the birth details of the one who is conducting this Pooja. Performing this puja helps to get blessings of Lord Shiva and his consort Mother Annapoorna.
Price: ₹ 75000
- All of the Astro Reports are delivered with in 72 hours via Email.
- Usually delivers all Astro Products with in 2 days working days mostly in India it will arrive with you in 5 days or out of India with in 10 days.
- The photographs of the ceremony usually get delivered in 5-7 working days from the date of pooja by electronic mail.
- We do Live telecast of all puja so you may see your puja at real time on your PC.